COME WORK WITH US!
WRITERS BLOK SUMMER INTERNSHIP
Writers Blok is a co-writing space like a gym or yoga studio, except for creative writing. Writers across all genres and mediums come for one or two hours of uninterrupted blocks of writing time, surrounded by other writers. It's an incredibly productive environment for structure, support, and community.
And we're hiring!
If you have a passion for fiction or non-fiction, screenwriting, blogging, or simply want to land yourself in a community of other hardworking writers, then this is the internship for you. This job is perfect for someone who also enjoys social media or is pursuing a career in social media management.
- Leadership over the one-hour and two-hour writing sessions
- Connecting with the startup founders and brand director to understand the company’s social media objectives and goals
- Managing some social outreach, especially on Instagram
- Creating a calendar of unique, creative photos, videos & updates for approval and posting
- Promoting and attending Writers Blok events, while capturing and sharing content
- Oversight of some administrative duties as the startup continues to grow
- Assistance managing & prepping the co-writing space
- 10 – 15 hours onsite each week
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate program or have a Bachelor’s degree.
- Extensive knowledge of social media platforms
- An eye for photography
- Some experience in copywriting and editing
- Start-up-style energy and initiative
- A stellar work ethic and proven success as a self-starter
- Direct access to Writers Blok speakers and guests, including published authors, screenwriters, directors & agents, like Megan Ganz, Bill Lawrence & Rob McElhenney, just to name a few!
- A way to develop and improve your own writing discipline
- A whole new community of writers and friends
To learn more and apply, email BrittanyLeePoole@gmail.com.