A publication where Writers Blok members share their work.
Head editor: Nate Jackson
HOW IT WORKS
If you're a Writers Blok member, you're automatically eligible to submit your work to Chalkboard. Our only requirement is that the work has been edited by a Writers Blok member or has been shared/critiqued at Feedbak, our monthly critique group.
To submit your work:
1. If you don't have a Medium profile, register for one.
2. Write your piece!
3. Get it edited by a fellow member or bring it to Feedbak.
4. Make your edits!
6. Email Chalkboard's editor, who will add your profile to the Chalkboard publication. (Have ready: the name of the fellow member who edited or the date the piece went through Feedbak.)
7. Submit the piece! (By choosing 'Add to Publication.')
8. Once your piece is approved and added, tell some people about it!
“There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.”
— Maya Angelou
“I've found the best way to revise your own work is to pretend that somebody else wrote it and then to rip the living shit out of it.”
― Don Roff
“Tears are words that need to be written.”
— Paulo Coelho
“You can always edit a bad page. You can’t edit a blank page.”
― Jodi Picoult
1. You can publish prose, poetry, or screenwriting on Chalkboard. If you'd like to work in screenplay format, please be prepared to post images (jpeg/png) of your work.
2. You will maintain full ownership of any piece you publish. Writers Blok has no interest in owning the work of its writers.
3. We reserve the right to refuse to publish stories for any reason.